Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cork Floors and Slate Tile

I promise I'll be posting photos soon. The good thing is that I've been busy with the house (and a few other things) The laundry is coming along very nicely. I laid down the slate tile and installed a nice modest frosted globe light fixture. I also installed new power outlets and light switches. The only thing left to do is install new baseboards.

My next project is installing cork floors. I ran into a bit of snafu with the flooring company (iFloor). I placed an order for some cork flooring to cover my living room and hallway to start. I used their no interest/no payments for 18 months credit offer. (I know, I know, I already had a conversation with my brother about financing home improvements...) Anyways the company just filed for chapter 11 and I can get anyone on the phone to find out how and when I can pick up my flooring. Soooooo I guess that's a clue that I should not have financed my flooring. Waiting to hear back from their attorneys...

3 comments:

Christina LaFontaine said...

Hey Will!

I just read all of the posts regarding the whole house search and renovations! It's awesome!! Can't wait to see what's being done.

-josh said...

I just got an email from one of their sales reps asking if I wanted to buy anything left in their inventory, so there are still some people going to work there. You could try sending him an email at tommyshobert@ifloor.com.

Hope this helps,
Josh Steele
Carpet Express, Inc.
http://www.carpetexpress.com

Team Wicanders said...

Hi Will,
Sorry to hear about iFloor. Hang in there with the cork though because once it is installed you'll love it. We blog about cork oak flooring all the time, and if you want to find out more, we'd love for you to visit our blog.
Cheers!
Team Wicanders