Thursday, August 13, 2009

Frame for restored movie seats

So while I was in Nashvile I scored a set of rickety old movie seats
for $50. Right before I moved to Athens I took them completely apart,
de rusted them, reupholstered, repainted the hardware and restained
the wooden arm rests. They came out beautiful. Alas i had to keep the
parts in boxes as I haven't had a proper place to put them/show them
off until now that I have a house. The thing is they connect to one a
other and are extremely cumbersome and heavy to move around. So I got
the idea that I would build a mini stage to bolt them to and give them
a place to reside as I do t want to go drilling holes in the floors of
my house. So I've taken some pics of the progress. I haven't decided
how I'm going to finish them. I thought of using red carpet to go with
the whole movie them, but I really can't stand carpet and red won't
look good in the living room. So I'm thinking of staining it a dark
stain to match the arm rests. What do ya think?

No comments: