Monday, September 22, 2008

A Home in Hull?

It may be possible. My realtor showed me a beautiful 1965 brick ranch with an asking price of $94,900. It's a 3 bedroom with 2 full baths. That's right, 2 FULL baths. I would have a master bath. Totally sweet. It's got a 2 car carport with an added carport. All on a little over half acre in a nice neighborhood in Hull (about 15 minutes from Athens) I called my folks and emailed my brother. They all said go for it. I talked with my realtor and we both agreed on offering $87,000 (and they pay closing costs roughly $3000). So they countered with $96900 with them paying closing costs, which kind of through me off. This to them is $93,900 since they would have to pay $3000 in closing costs, so they came down $1000. It kind of turned me off, but my realtor said to not get discouraged; it's just a big poker game. They are trying to find my top and I'm trying to find their bottom. I counter-countered with $89, 500 which is $2500 up from my initial offer. I figured this would help show that I'm serious and interested by offering more than what they came down from. The frustrating thing is that it's an estate so there's more than one person having to decide on a number. It also hasn't been on the market that long so they might not be as motivated as we'd like. We'll see, they may just walk away. In the meantime check out the shots I took. It's an awesome house.





No comments: